We offer a friendly and practical advice for the new and novice clipper.
Our 6 point guide to the perfect clip.
- Make sure you clippers are in good condition. They should be serviced at least once a year.
- Always have a second set of sharp blades, as even the best blades can fail, with little notice.
- Correctly tension the blades on the machine. Fit the blades, oil and run the machine, turn the tension adjuster in a clock wise direction until you hear the motor slow down, then turn the adjuster back a quarter of a turn.
- Never clip for more then 10 minutes of continued clipping. After 10 minutes, stop the machine, release the tension and repeat the process above.
- Location. You know your horse best and therefore understand the need to be calm and not alarm the horse.
- Make sure the coat is as clean and as dry as possible.